This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test! Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
Taekwondo - Words, Commands & Terminology
Here are the essential Taekwondo words, commands & terminology that you will need for this martial art. Surprise your Taekwondo Master by speaking Korean! Moreover, many schools require you to know & speak these basic Taekwondo words & terms in order to receive your belts. We have also include a number of videos so you can listen to the proper pronunciation of these Taekwondo terms and commands. Visit the various sections below in order to learn numbers, important Taekwondo commands, names for Taekwondo kicks and other basic Korean words (i.e. Hello).
Section supported by Taekwondo books
- Taekwondo Numbers - When stretching or practicing Taekwondo, you will need to know how to count in Korean. This page teaches you how to pronounce various Taekwondo numbers (i.e. 1 thru 20).
- Higher Taekwondo Numbers - This page teaches you the Korean words for higher numbers such as one million (i.e. Give me a million pushups!).
- Important Taekwondo Words or Commands - Learn key Taekwondo commands such as Come to Attention, Kick, Ready Stance, etc.
- Korean Names for Taekwondo Kicks - Learn the Taekwondo words for Front Kick, Roundhouse Kick, Spinning Hook Kick and many more.
- Korean Names for Taekwondo Punches & Strikes - Learn the Taekwondo words for Punch, Back Fist, Elbow Strike and more.
- Taekwondo Sparring Terms - Learn the Korean words for various Taekwondo sparring terms (i.e. "Begin" the Fight and "End" the Fight).
- Taekwondo Greetings (i.e. Hello & Goodbye) - Learn how to properly greet your Taekwondo instructor in Korean, say goodbye, etc.
- Taekwondo Parts of the Body - This page includes the Korean pronunciation for various parts of the body (i.e. wrist, foot, head, etc.).
Taekwondo - How To Count To 10 In Korean
- Possible Inactive Member Deletions This is just a heads up, I will be deleting some inactive member accounts after the labor day weekend (deletions will start around Sept 6). If you are an active poster or even if you just post once every few months, you are okay. However, if you are ...
- Karate in mma. I constantly hear how ineffective karate is in mma. Well this videofrom.last nights fights kinda tells it differently. There is even a kiai on the knock out. https://youtu.be/3E7GMkmFKBI
- Taekwondo hurt by Olympic rules & modern sensors? This Washington Post article discusses how Taekwondo is moving away from its traditional striking expertise. The article states "Instead of aggressive fights and flurries of kicks that were staples of taekwondo just a decade ago, taekwondo matches have...
- K-Pop Martial Arts Music Video As a follow-up to our martial arts music discussion, here is a popular K-Pop martial arts music video. This is to honor of @Andy and @Christopher Adamchek ... and to make everyone else nauseous. :) Will Black Belt Wiki
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
Martial Arts Products by Brand Name
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!