This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test! Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
Taekwondo - Words, Commands & Terminology
Here are the essential Taekwondo words, commands & terminology that you will need for this martial art. Surprise your Taekwondo Master by speaking Korean! Moreover, many schools require you to know & speak these basic Taekwondo words & terms in order to receive your belts. We have also include a number of videos so you can listen to the proper pronunciation of these Taekwondo terms and commands. Visit the various sections below in order to learn numbers, important Taekwondo commands, names for Taekwondo kicks and other basic Korean words (i.e. Hello).
Section supported by Taekwondo books
- Taekwondo Numbers - When stretching or practicing Taekwondo, you will need to know how to count in Korean. This page teaches you how to pronounce various Taekwondo numbers (i.e. 1 thru 20).
- Higher Taekwondo Numbers - This page teaches you the Korean words for higher numbers such as one million (i.e. Give me a million pushups!).
- Important Taekwondo Words or Commands - Learn key Taekwondo commands such as Come to Attention, Kick, Ready Stance, etc.
- Korean Names for Taekwondo Kicks - Learn the Taekwondo words for Front Kick, Roundhouse Kick, Spinning Hook Kick and many more.
- Korean Names for Taekwondo Punches & Strikes - Learn the Taekwondo words for Punch, Back Fist, Elbow Strike and more.
- Taekwondo Sparring Terms - Learn the Korean words for various Taekwondo sparring terms (i.e. "Begin" the Fight and "End" the Fight).
- Taekwondo Greetings (i.e. Hello & Goodbye) - Learn how to properly greet your Taekwondo instructor in Korean, say goodbye, etc.
- Taekwondo Parts of the Body - This page includes the Korean pronunciation for various parts of the body (i.e. wrist, foot, head, etc.).
Taekwondo - How To Count To 10 In Korean
New Posts on the Wiki Community
Members of the wiki community discuss martial arts techniques, forms & kata, etc. Hope you join us!
- UFC clone but with martial arts weapons Looks like someone is developing a UFC-like organization but the fighters would be fully armored and use martial arts weapons. Interesting idea but I think people like seeing the blood in UFC fights versus guys in padded suits taking tons of hits tha...
- Help tracing kanji for kata In my spare time (laughing!!) I have started taking sho-do classes. This is partly to understand more kanji when I see it and help with Japanese in general and partly to help with a larger project I am doing to preserve the history of our style. Anyway...
- Are martial arts movies good or bad for martial arts? Did you get sucked into martial arts after you had seen Bruce Lee fight his way upstairs the pagoda in “Game of Death”? Good, and you are certainly not the only one! But are martial arts movies actually good or bad for martial arts? Martial arts movies...
- Promoting the not worthy part 2. As we all know I decided to not promote a certain young lad this week. I suprised everyone with a mock testing. Of course I promoted all who met the requirements. 2. And several stripes were awarded. I was willing to promote the wild child if he co...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.