This page provides you with profiles of the top
Taekwondo athletes who will be competing at the 2012 London
Olympics. Profiles from Wikipedia. For more on Taekwondo in the 2012 Olympics (i.e.
online streaming of the matches, match dates & times, rules,
news, etc.), please visit
Taekwondo & Olympics page.
- Olympic gold medalist. Steven Lopez competes in the
- Sister of Steven Lopez and an Olympic bronze medalist. She
competes in the featherweight division.
McPherson - She competes in the Taekwondo welterweight
Jennings - Terrence Jennings beat Mark Lopez (brother of
Steven and Diana Lopez) in order to make the US Taekwondo Olympic team.
- Better known as "Headhunter" Jones because of her skill
at head kicks.
- She won a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics.
- Lutalo Muhammad is the individual who replaced Aaron Cook on the UK
Taekwondo team. This
generated tons of controversy.
Rohullah Nikpai - He won a
bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics and he is the first Olympic
medal winner ever from Afghanistan.
Karine Sergerie - She won a
silver medal at the 2008 Olympics. She fights in the lightweight
- Wu Jingyu won a gold medal at the 2008 Olympics. She competes
in the flyweight division.
- She fights in the Taekwondo featherweight division.
Anne-Caroline Graffe - She fights in the Taekwondo heavyweight
Nikolaidis - Nikolaidis won a silver medal at the 2008 Olympics. He
fights in the heavyweight division.
- Karami won a bronze medal at the 2004 Olympics when he was 21 years old.
Maria Espinoza - She won a
gold medal at the 2008 Olympics in the Taekwondo heavyweight
S. Korea -
- Cha won a gold medal at the 2008 Olympics by beating Nikolaidis for the Taekwondo
S. Korea -
Lee Dae-Hoon -
Lee competes in the Taekwondo flyweight division.
Gonzalez - Gonzalez competes in the Taekwondo flyweight division.
- Yang competes in the Taekwondo flyweight division.
Servet Tazegul - He won a
bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics. He fights in the