Taekwondo Animals.com - This Taekwondo website provides free written instructions and instructional videos. You will find instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. Moreover, we have sections focused on improving your physical fitness such as stretching, strength training and speed training. We will even help you to get ready for your black belt test.
In Taekwondo, you will have to count in Korean (i.e. during stretching or drills). This page helps you how to count in Korean and how to pronounce these numbers. For additional Korean words such as names of Taekwondo kicks, Taekwondo commands and various other Taekwondo terms, please visit our main Taekwondo Words, Commands & Terminology page.
How To Count In Korean For Taekwondo
- One - Hana ("Ha-na")
- Two - Dul ("Dhool")
- Three - Set ("Set")
- Four - Net ("Net")
- Five - Dasot ("Da-sut")
- Six - Yasot ("Yo-sut")
- Seven - Ilgup ("Eel-gope")
- Eight - Yodol ("Yo-dull")
- Nine - Ahop ("Ah-hope")
- Ten - Yeol ("Yull")
- For 11 through 19, add the Korean word for 10 in front of the last number. For example, eleven is Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na") - the Korean words for 10 and 1.
- Eleven - Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na")
- Twelve - Yeol Dul ("Yull Dhool")
- Thirteen - Yeol Set ("Yull Set")
- Fourteen - Yeol Net ("Yull Net")
- Fifteen - Yeol Dasot ("Yull Da-sut")
- Sixteen - Yeol Yasot ("Yull Yo-Sut")
- Seventeen - Yeol Ilgup ("Yull Eel-gope")
- Eighteen - Yeol Yodol ("Yull Yo-dull")
- Nineteen - Yeol Ahop ("Yull Ah-hope")
- Twenty - Seu-Mool ("Sew-mool")
- For 21 through 29, add the Korean word for 20 in front of the last number. For example, twenty one is Seu-Mool Hana ("Sew-mool Han-na") - the Korean words for 20 and 1.
- The same "strategy" applies to all of the higher numbers (i.e. 31-39, 41-49, etc.).
- Thirty - So-Roon
- Forty - Ma-Hoon
- Fifty - Sheen
- Sixty - Yes-Soon
- Seventy - E-Roon
- Eighty - Yo-Doon
- Ninety - Ah-Hoon
- One Hundred - Baek
Taekwondo - How To Count To 10 In Korean
Korean Numbers - 1 Through 100
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- WMA? I'm slightly active with several European Martial arts programs and was wondering if I should add some of that here. A lot of it is proprietary as there is a lot of personal research so some things I cannot post, but some of the basics, methodology, s...
- Happy Thanksgiving To everyone in the USA - Have a great Thanksgiving on Thursday! To everyone in the rest of the world - Have a great Thursday! :) If you celebrate Thanksgiving... what are your plans to burn off the Thanksgiving & turkey calories? Will Black Belt Wi...
- Should you learn a "combo" martial arts first? Should you learn a striking martial arts first and then learn grappling (or vice versa)? Or should you first learn a martial arts that combines both (i.e. Hapkido or MMA)? I know that most of us did not or do not have this option (as it depends on wha...
- Most popular martial arts commercial Here is a video of one of the most popular martial arts commercials ever made. This Steven Seagal commercial has received over 2 million views on Youtube. Enjoy! Will Black Belt Wiki
Want to add your thoughts to the martial arts "community" discussions above?
Then join our free martial arts social network!
Sign in with Facebook or create your own account by filling in the required info.
Our free email newsletter provides subscribers with Black Belt Wiki & Community updates.
This newsletter is sent out only once per month.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 3, last edited: 25 Dec 2014 02:04