This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test! Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
In Taekwondo, you will have to count in Korean (i.e. during stretching or drills). This page helps you how to count in Korean and how to pronounce these numbers. For additional Korean words such as names of Taekwondo kicks, Taekwondo commands and various other Taekwondo terms, please visit our main Taekwondo Words, Commands & Terminology page.
How To Count In Korean For Taekwondo
- One - Hana ("Ha-na")
- Two - Dul ("Dhool")
- Three - Set ("Set")
- Four - Net ("Net")
- Five - Dasot ("Da-sut")
- Six - Yasot ("Yo-sut")
- Seven - Ilgup ("Eel-gope")
- Eight - Yodol ("Yo-dull")
- Nine - Ahop ("Ah-hope")
- Ten - Yeol ("Yull")
- For 11 through 19, add the Korean word for 10 in front of the last number. For example, eleven is Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na") - the Korean words for 10 and 1.
- Eleven - Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na")
- Twelve - Yeol Dul ("Yull Dhool")
- Thirteen - Yeol Set ("Yull Set")
- Fourteen - Yeol Net ("Yull Net")
- Fifteen - Yeol Dasot ("Yull Da-sut")
- Sixteen - Yeol Yasot ("Yull Yo-Sut")
- Seventeen - Yeol Ilgup ("Yull Eel-gope")
- Eighteen - Yeol Yodol ("Yull Yo-dull")
- Nineteen - Yeol Ahop ("Yull Ah-hope")
- Twenty - Seu-Mool ("Sew-mool")
- For 21 through 29, add the Korean word for 20 in front of the last number. For example, twenty one is Seu-Mool Hana ("Sew-mool Han-na") - the Korean words for 20 and 1.
- The same "strategy" applies to all of the higher numbers (i.e. 31-39, 41-49, etc.).
- Thirty - So-Roon
- Forty - Ma-Hoon
- Fifty - Sheen
- Sixty - Yes-Soon
- Seventy - E-Roon
- Eighty - Yo-Doon
- Ninety - Ah-Hoon
- One Hundred - Baek
Taekwondo - How To Count To 10 In Korean
Korean Numbers - 1 Through 100
At no extra cost to you, we receive a small commission on purchases made via these Amazon links.
Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 3, last edited: 25 Dec 2014 02:04