This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking, etc. We also hope you will join our new community website. Meet other martial artists. Ask questions. Discuss forms, techniques, etc.
In Taekwondo, you will have to count in Korean (i.e. during stretching or drills). This page helps you how to count in Korean and how to pronounce these numbers. For additional Korean words such as names of Taekwondo kicks, Taekwondo commands and various other Taekwondo terms, please visit our main Taekwondo Words, Commands & Terminology page.
Section supported by Taekwondo books
How To Count In Korean For Taekwondo
- One - Hana ("Ha-na")
- Two - Dul ("Dhool")
- Three - Set ("Set")
- Four - Net ("Net")
- Five - Dasot ("Da-sut")
- Six - Yasot ("Yo-sut")
- Seven - Ilgup ("Eel-gope")
- Eight - Yodol ("Yo-dull")
- Nine - Ahop ("Ah-hope")
- Ten - Yeol ("Yull")
- For 11 through 19, add the Korean word for 10 in front of the last number. For example, eleven is Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na") - the Korean words for 10 and 1.
- Eleven - Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na")
- Twelve - Yeol Dul ("Yull Dhool")
- Thirteen - Yeol Set ("Yull Set")
- Fourteen - Yeol Net ("Yull Net")
- Fifteen - Yeol Dasot ("Yull Da-sut")
- Sixteen - Yeol Yasot ("Yull Yo-Sut")
- Seventeen - Yeol Ilgup ("Yull Eel-gope")
- Eighteen - Yeol Yodol ("Yull Yo-dull")
- Nineteen - Yeol Ahop ("Yull Ah-hope")
- Twenty - Seu-Mool ("Sew-mool")
- For 21 through 29, add the Korean word for 20 in front of the last number. For example, twenty one is Seu-Mool Hana ("Sew-mool Han-na") - the Korean words for 20 and 1.
- The same "strategy" applies to all of the higher numbers (i.e. 31-39, 41-49, etc.).
- Thirty - So-Roon
- Forty - Ma-Hoon
- Fifty - Sheen
- Sixty - Yes-Soon
- Seventy - E-Roon
- Eighty - Yo-Doon
- Ninety - Ah-Hoon
- One Hundred - Baek
Taekwondo - How To Count To 10 In Korean
Korean Numbers - 1 Through 100
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 4, last edited: 08 Aug 2016 11:16