This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking, etc. We also hope you will join our new community website. Meet other martial artists. Ask questions. Discuss forms, techniques, etc.
Taekwondo Tornado Kick
This page teaches you how to do a Taekwondo tornado kick (or a jumping spinning roundhouse kick).
To learn other kicking techniques, please visit our Taekwondo kicks page.
Written Instructions - How to do a Tornado Kick
- A tornado kick is very similar to a spinning roundhouse kick but with a jump at the end of the move. Remember to turn backwards when starting this move. You will kick from the pivot foot. The spin and jump will give you greater power and higher kicks.
- Try not to hop when spinning. Makes the move "easier" but slows you down & gives the move away.
Instructional Video for Tornado Kick
Knockout by a Tornado Kick
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
- Functional Kata I have been working on the Ashihara Karate section of the wiki. I like how they break out their kata by function. Rather than some elaborate traditional kata with a huge variety of moves (i.e. kicks, punches, throws, sweeps, etc.) & hidden meaning/tech...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 3, last edited: 30 Dec 2014 13:37