Instructions & Videos for Taekwondo Form 8 - Taegeuk Pal Jang
Below are the written steps and videos to help you learn Taekwondo Form 8 (Taegeuk Pal Jang). Click on the video below to watch a Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 8 - Taegeuk Pal Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Step forward with left foot into left back stance, double fist middle block
- Slide left foot sideways into left front stance, reverse middle punch with right hand
- Left double front kick, yell Kihap!, left inside block, double punch (right hand first)
- Step forward into right front stance, right middle punch
- Turn left 270 degrees, left low block and right single mountain high block (at same time), reverse front stance, look towards direction of low block
- Move left foot into (forward) left front stance, grab imaginary opponent's collar with left hand & pull towards your right shoulder, slow right uppercut to imaginary opponent's chin
- Double step backwards, turn your head 180 degrees, right low block and left single mountain high block (at same time), reverse front stance, look towards direction of low block
- Move right foot into (forward) right front stance, grab imaginary opponent's collar with right hand & pull towards your left shoulder, slow left uppercut to imaginary opponent's chin
- Turn left 270 degrees, left double knife hand block in back stance
- Move left foot into left front stance, right middle punch
- Right front kick, return foot back to kicking position (behind left foot), step back with left foot, bring right foot into tiger/cat stance, right low palm block
- Turn left 90 degrees, left foot in tiger/cat stance, left double knife hand middle block
- Left front kick, right middle punch in front stance
- Move left foot back into tiger/cat stance, right low palm block
- Turn right 180 degrees, right foot into tiger/cat stance, right double knife hand middle block
- Right front kick, left middle punch in front stance
- Move right foot back into tiger/cat stance, low palm block
- Turn right 90 degrees, right double fist low block in back stance
- Left double front kick, yell "Kihap!", land in a right front stance, right inside block, double punch (left hand first)
- Turn left 270 degrees, left single knife hand middle block in back stance
- Move left foot into left front stance, reverse elbow strike with right arm, reverse backfist to the nose with right fist, middle punch with left hand
- Move right foot and turn 180 degrees to the right into a right back stance, single knife hand middle block
- Move right foot into right front stance, reverse elbow strike with left arm, reverse backfist to the nose with left fist, middle punch with right hand
- When Master yells "Bah Ro", move left foot, turn left 90 degrees and return to Ready/Joon Bi stance.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 8 - Taegeuk Pal Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 8 - Taegeuk Pal Jang
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- Holiday Calories & Martial Arts Training At this time of the year, many of us gain a few extra holiday pounds... okay... a lot of extra holiday pounds. :) Here is some holiday math for you: 1. According to the Mayo Clinic, "you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pou...
- WMA? I'm slightly active with several European Martial arts programs and was wondering if I should add some of that here. A lot of it is proprietary as there is a lot of personal research so some things I cannot post, but some of the basics, methodology, s...
- Happy Thanksgiving To everyone in the USA - Have a great Thanksgiving on Thursday! To everyone in the rest of the world - Have a great Thursday! :) If you celebrate Thanksgiving... what are your plans to burn off the Thanksgiving & turkey calories? Will Black Belt Wi...
- Should you learn a "combo" martial arts first? Should you learn a striking martial arts first and then learn grappling (or vice versa)? Or should you first learn a martial arts that combines both (i.e. Hapkido or MMA)? I know that most of us did not or do not have this option (as it depends on wha...
Want to add your thoughts to the martial arts "community" discussions above?
Then join our free martial arts social network!
Sign in with Facebook or create your own account by filling in the required info.
Our free email newsletter provides subscribers with Black Belt Wiki & Community updates.
This newsletter is sent out only once per month.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.