Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Below are the written steps and a video to help you learn Taekwondo Form 6 (Taegeuk Yuk Jang or Taegeuk Yook Jang). Click on the video to watch the Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right leg front kick, step back into left back stance and do a left outside block at same time
- Turn right 180 degree into right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance and do a right outside block at same time
- Turn left 90 degrees into a left front stance, right knife hand high block
- Right roundhouse kick and place kicking leg down just ahead of the left foot
- Turn left 90 degrees and step into a left front stance, left outside block, right middle punch
- Right front kick and land in a right front stance, left middle punch
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right outside block, left middle punch
- Left front kick landing in a left front stance, right middle punch
- Turn left 90 degrees into a Joon Bi/Ready stance, cross both hands over your head and do a slow double low block
- Step forward into a right front stance, left knife hand high block
- Left roundhouse kick and yell "Kihap"!
- Place kicking leg down next to right foot, turn right 270 degrees into a right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance, right outside block
- Turn left 180 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right front kick, step back into left back stance, left outside block
- Move your right foot, turn left 90 degrees into a left back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into right back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into left front stance, left middle palm block, right middle punch
- Stepping back into right front stance, right middle palm block, left middle punch
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", move your right foot back (in line with your left foot) and go into a Ready/Joon Bi stance.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- Holiday Calories & Martial Arts Training At this time of the year, many of us gain a few extra holiday pounds... okay... a lot of extra holiday pounds. :) Here is some holiday math for you: 1. According to the Mayo Clinic, "you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pou...
- WMA? I'm slightly active with several European Martial arts programs and was wondering if I should add some of that here. A lot of it is proprietary as there is a lot of personal research so some things I cannot post, but some of the basics, methodology, s...
- Happy Thanksgiving To everyone in the USA - Have a great Thanksgiving on Thursday! To everyone in the rest of the world - Have a great Thursday! :) If you celebrate Thanksgiving... what are your plans to burn off the Thanksgiving & turkey calories? Will Black Belt Wi...
- Should you learn a "combo" martial arts first? Should you learn a striking martial arts first and then learn grappling (or vice versa)? Or should you first learn a martial arts that combines both (i.e. Hapkido or MMA)? I know that most of us did not or do not have this option (as it depends on wha...
Want to add your thoughts to the martial arts "community" discussions above?
Then join our free martial arts social network!
Sign in with Facebook or create your own account by filling in the required info.
Our free email newsletter provides subscribers with Black Belt Wiki & Community updates.
This newsletter is sent out only once per month.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.