This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test! Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Below are the written steps and a video to help you learn Taekwondo Form 6 (Taegeuk Yuk Jang or Taegeuk Yook Jang). Click on the video to watch the Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right leg front kick, step back into left back stance and do a left outside block at same time
- Turn right 180 degree into right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance and do a right outside block at same time
- Turn left 90 degrees into a left front stance, right knife hand high block
- Right roundhouse kick and place kicking leg down just ahead of the left foot
- Turn left 90 degrees and step into a left front stance, left outside block, right middle punch
- Right front kick and land in a right front stance, left middle punch
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right outside block, left middle punch
- Left front kick landing in a left front stance, right middle punch
- Turn left 90 degrees into a Joon Bi/Ready stance, cross both hands over your head and do a slow double low block
- Step forward into a right front stance, left knife hand high block
- Left roundhouse kick and yell "Kihap"!
- Place kicking leg down next to right foot, turn right 270 degrees into a right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance, right outside block
- Turn left 180 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right front kick, step back into left back stance, left outside block
- Move your right foot, turn left 90 degrees into a left back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into right back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into left front stance, left middle palm block, right middle punch
- Stepping back into right front stance, right middle palm block, left middle punch
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", move your right foot back (in line with your left foot) and go into a Ready/Joon Bi stance.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
- Taekwondo hurt by Olympic rules & modern sensors? This Washington Post article discusses how Taekwondo is moving away from its traditional striking expertise. The article states "Instead of aggressive fights and flurries of kicks that were staples of taekwondo just a decade ago, taekwondo matches have...
- K-Pop Martial Arts Music Video As a follow-up to our martial arts music discussion, here is a popular K-Pop martial arts music video. This is to honor of @Andy and @Christopher Adamchek ... and to make everyone else nauseous. :) Will Black Belt Wiki
- Martial Arts in Fiction This is a post for people to post their favourite pieces of Martial Arts in fiction, and by that I mean fictional martial arts, or a source that hasn't been already explored in the movies side of things. Personally a favourite of mines is the martial ...
- Martial Arts Music Does your martial arts school/instructor play music during your training? I am assuming that the vast majority of schools/instructors do not train with music... but just want to confirm. If your school does... Is it Asian-type music, Rocky-like music,...
- The best "martial arts" countries at the 2016 Olympics The 2016 Olympics has just ended and I thought it would be interesting to see which countries won the most martial arts gold medals. I have only included countries that won at least two martial arts gold medals in 2016. Russia was the biggest winner ...
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
Martial Arts Products by Brand Name
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!