Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Below are the written steps and a video to help you learn Taekwondo Form 6 (Taegeuk Yuk Jang or Taegeuk Yook Jang). Click on the video to watch the Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right leg front kick, step back into left back stance and do a left outside block at same time
- Turn right 180 degree into right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance and do a right outside block at same time
- Turn left 90 degrees into a left front stance, right knife hand high block
- Right roundhouse kick and place kicking leg down just ahead of the left foot
- Turn left 90 degrees and step into a left front stance, left outside block, right middle punch
- Right front kick and land in a right front stance, left middle punch
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right outside block, left middle punch
- Left front kick landing in a left front stance, right middle punch
- Turn left 90 degrees into a Joon Bi/Ready stance, cross both hands over your head and do a slow double low block
- Step forward into a right front stance, left knife hand high block
- Left roundhouse kick and yell "Kihap"!
- Place kicking leg down next to right foot, turn right 270 degrees into a right front stance, right low block
- Left front kick, step back into right back stance, right outside block
- Turn left 180 degrees into left front stance, left low block
- Right front kick, step back into left back stance, left outside block
- Move your right foot, turn left 90 degrees into a left back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into right back stance, double knife hand middle block
- Stepping back into left front stance, left middle palm block, right middle punch
- Stepping back into right front stance, right middle palm block, left middle punch
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", move your right foot back (in line with your left foot) and go into a Ready/Joon Bi stance.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 6 - Taegeuk Yuk Jang
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.