Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Below are the written steps and videos to help you learn Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang). Click on the video to watch a Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left into front stance, left low block
- Left foot comes back next to the right foot, left hand hammer fist downwards
- Turn right into right front stance, right hand low block
- Right foot comes back next to the left foot, right hand hammer fist downwards
- Advance forward into left front stance, left inside block, right inside block
- Right foot front kick into right front stance, right hand backfist, left inside block
- Left foot front kick into left front stance, left hand backfist, right inside block
- Advance right foot forward into right front stance, right hand backfist
- Moving left foot, turn 270 degrees to the left into left back stance, knife hand middle block with left hand
- Step into right front stance, right elbow strike
- Moving right foot, turn 180 degrees all the way to the right into right back stance, knife hand middle block
- Step into left front stance, left elbow strike
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left hand low block, right inside block
- Right foot kick into right front stance, right hand low block, left inside block
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left high block
- Right side kick and right hand punch together into right front stance, left elbow into open right hand
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right high block
- Left side kick and left hand punch together into left front stance, right elbow strike into open left hand
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block, right inside block
- Right front kick, hop forward and land in a twist stance while executing a right backfist to the nose. The right foot is flat and the left foot should be on the ball of foot, yell "Kihap"!
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", turn and face the Master.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- Holiday Calories & Martial Arts Training At this time of the year, many of us gain a few extra holiday pounds... okay... a lot of extra holiday pounds. :) Here is some holiday math for you: 1. According to the Mayo Clinic, "you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pou...
- WMA? I'm slightly active with several European Martial arts programs and was wondering if I should add some of that here. A lot of it is proprietary as there is a lot of personal research so some things I cannot post, but some of the basics, methodology, s...
- Happy Thanksgiving To everyone in the USA - Have a great Thanksgiving on Thursday! To everyone in the rest of the world - Have a great Thursday! :) If you celebrate Thanksgiving... what are your plans to burn off the Thanksgiving & turkey calories? Will Black Belt Wi...
- Should you learn a "combo" martial arts first? Should you learn a striking martial arts first and then learn grappling (or vice versa)? Or should you first learn a martial arts that combines both (i.e. Hapkido or MMA)? I know that most of us did not or do not have this option (as it depends on wha...
Want to add your thoughts to the martial arts "community" discussions above?
Then join our free martial arts social network!
Sign in with Facebook or create your own account by filling in the required info.
Our free email newsletter provides subscribers with Black Belt Wiki & Community updates.
This newsletter is sent out only once per month.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.