Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Below are the written steps and videos to help you learn Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang). Click on the video to watch a Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left into front stance, left low block
- Left foot comes back next to the right foot, left hand hammer fist downwards
- Turn right into right front stance, right hand low block
- Right foot comes back next to the left foot, right hand hammer fist downwards
- Advance forward into left front stance, left inside block, right inside block
- Right foot front kick into right front stance, right hand backfist, left inside block
- Left foot front kick into left front stance, left hand backfist, right inside block
- Advance right foot forward into right front stance, right hand backfist
- Moving left foot, turn 270 degrees to the left into left back stance, knife hand middle block with left hand
- Step into right front stance, right elbow strike
- Moving right foot, turn 180 degrees all the way to the right into right back stance, knife hand middle block
- Step into left front stance, left elbow strike
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left hand low block, right inside block
- Right foot kick into right front stance, right hand low block, left inside block
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left high block
- Right side kick and right hand punch together into right front stance, left elbow into open right hand
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right high block
- Left side kick and left hand punch together into left front stance, right elbow strike into open left hand
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block, right inside block
- Right front kick, hop forward and land in a twist stance while executing a right backfist to the nose. The right foot is flat and the left foot should be on the ball of foot, yell "Kihap"!
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", turn and face the Master.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Elvis Presley & Martial Arts [171807,Andy] has promised us an Elvis & Michael Jackson concert. So until Elvis can escape from his alien abductors or comes out of hiding from the Amazon, I thought you would like to see a video on Elvis' martial arts "expertise". :) Elvis was a st...
- What type of Karate sparring should be in the 2020 Olympics? As you know, Karate kumite (sparring) will be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Should it be no contact, point sparring or full contact? I have added a poll to the wiki that allows you to vote on this question - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/what-type-of-ka...
- Invite your friends to join the Wiki Community Help this community to grow by inviting your friends to join. More members means more martial arts discussions, more knowledge and more people to laugh (or is that groan) at [171807,Andy] 's and [212770,Al W] 's jokes. :) Here is the "join" link - htt...
- Children & Kata If kids at your school are having trouble with kata, you should show them this video. This little girl is amazing - such focus and intensity. Hopefully, your students can learn from her. Will Black Belt Wiki
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.