Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Below are the written steps and videos to help you learn Taekwondo Form 5 (Taegeuk Oh Jang). Click on the video to watch a Korean Master perform this Taekwondo form. You should try to mimic his movements and timing in order to "master" this Taekwondo form. You will also find written step-by-step form instructions below the video. Visit our main Taekwondo forms page for all of the WTF Taekwondo forms needed for your next belt test! Or visit our Form Tips or Taekwondo Stances pages for additional information on how to improve your forms.
Written Instructions for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
- Start in the Ready or "Joon Bi" stance
- Turn left into front stance, left low block
- Left foot comes back next to the right foot, left hand hammer fist downwards
- Turn right into right front stance, right hand low block
- Right foot comes back next to the left foot, right hand hammer fist downwards
- Advance forward into left front stance, left inside block, right inside block
- Right foot front kick into right front stance, right hand backfist, left inside block
- Left foot front kick into left front stance, left hand backfist, right inside block
- Advance right foot forward into right front stance, right hand backfist
- Moving left foot, turn 270 degrees to the left into left back stance, knife hand middle block with left hand
- Step into right front stance, right elbow strike
- Moving right foot, turn 180 degrees all the way to the right into right back stance, knife hand middle block
- Step into left front stance, left elbow strike
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left hand low block, right inside block
- Right foot kick into right front stance, right hand low block, left inside block
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left high block
- Right side kick and right hand punch together into right front stance, left elbow into open right hand
- Turn right 180 degrees into right front stance, right high block
- Left side kick and left hand punch together into left front stance, right elbow strike into open left hand
- Turn left 90 degrees into left front stance, left low block, right inside block
- Right front kick, hop forward and land in a twist stance while executing a right backfist to the nose. The right foot is flat and the left foot should be on the ball of foot, yell "Kihap"!
- When the Master says "Bah Ro", turn and face the Master.
Demonstration Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
Instructional Video for Taekwondo Form 5 - Taegeuk Oh Jang
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Dog and dog owner defense. Recently my 6 yr old was charged by a "friendly dog"... he ran into the street in fear. Thankfully this is a slow street. The owner is being a bag of snot. Saying "my dog never bit any one" and getting an attitude when I quote the leash and fence l...
- Kudo Helmet Since we are talking about the "different" type of protective headgear used in Daido Juku Kudo, I thought that you might like to watch this video that shows off the headgear. Looks like it is designed to be protective but also offer a lot of visibility...
- One Step Sparring Are there other sites that show one step sparring? I have reviewed all of the ones i was able to find yet i am unable to locate the One Steps i have been taught.
- Daido Juku Kudo - A Japanese Full Contact Martial Arts Daido Juku Kudo is a mixed martial arts style from Japan. It allows punches, kicks, elbow strikes, grappling and even head butts during their fights. Fighters have to wear gis and a strange bubble-like headgear. Not sure why this type of headgear - ma...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.