How To Do A Taekwondo Back Kick
This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking, etc. We also hope you will join our new community website. Meet other martial artists. Ask questions. Discuss forms, techniques, etc.
How To Do A Taekwondo Back Kick
This page provides free written and video instruction on how to perform a Taekwondo back kick. A back kick is a very powerful Taekwondo kick. It is a great counter kick if someone is charging you.
To learn other kicking techniques, please visit our Taekwondo Kicks section.
Instructions for a Taekwondo Back Kick
- Start in your kicking stance. You will use your rear leg in this kick.
- If you are in a right kicking stance, turn your body to the right until you are facing directly away from your target. During this movement, you should pivot on your left foot.
- Continue turning to the right and look over your right shoulder (look at your target - you need to see what you are hitting). Lift your right knee to your chest (think of kicking like a mule).
- Drive the heel of your foot straight back towards your opponent. Many kids have a hard time with this kick and do a mini-hook kick instead (as their leg turns with the body twist).
- After hitting your target, quickly resume kicking stance so you can prepare for your next kick.
- For more power, try stepping forward and then starting your back kick. You will gain more forward momentum.
- Try to use in combination with other kicks (i.e. roundhouse kick and then a back kick).
Instructional Videos for Taekwondo Back Kicks
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 2, last edited: 27 Dec 2014 21:34