This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test! Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
Taekwondo - Training for Kicking Accuracy
To excel at Taekwondo, you must also improve the accuracy of your kicks and strikes. If you can't hit the right spot, super speed and power doesn't help much. Remember, the Taekwondo student with the best power, speed… and accuracy is usually the victor.
Taekwondo Kicking Accuracy Drills & Exercises
- Improve your accuracy with various kicking drills. Watch the videos below for ideas.
- One drill is where you yell out random kicks (i.e. back kick, side kick, back kick, etc.) to your partner and they must hit a kicking paddle (which you place in different locations and heights). You can remain stationary or move about the floor when you conduct this exercise.
- For even greater accuracy, try hitting a tennis ball (attached to a rope/string) hanging down from your basement/garage ceiling.
- You can also use a kicking dummy and place tape at key locations (i.e. high, middle and low). Number each piece of tape and then shout out a number that a student must hit (i.e. 6 = high left, 3 = low right, etc.).
- For sparring, you can practice accuracy by kicking the circles on your partner's chest protector. Your partner should keep his/her hands up and simulate different sparring moves so you can practice accurate attacks and counter-attacks. Remember, don't kick too hard or you will injure your partner.
- For kids, our Taekwondo Masters will occasionally tape balloons to the kicking dummies. They must show their accuracy by popping the balloons. A fun way to teach kicking accuracy. :)
Instructional Videos on Kicking Accuracy
- Possible Inactive Member Deletions This is just a heads up, I will be deleting some inactive member accounts after the labor day weekend (deletions will start around Sept 6). If you are an active poster or even if you just post once every few months, you are okay. However, if you are ...
- Karate in mma. I constantly hear how ineffective karate is in mma. Well this videofrom.last nights fights kinda tells it differently. There is even a kiai on the knock out. https://youtu.be/3E7GMkmFKBI
- Taekwondo hurt by Olympic rules & modern sensors? This Washington Post article discusses how Taekwondo is moving away from its traditional striking expertise. The article states "Instead of aggressive fights and flurries of kicks that were staples of taekwondo just a decade ago, taekwondo matches have...
- K-Pop Martial Arts Music Video As a follow-up to our martial arts music discussion, here is a popular K-Pop martial arts music video. This is to honor of @Andy and @Christopher Adamchek ... and to make everyone else nauseous. :) Will Black Belt Wiki
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
Martial Arts Products by Brand Name
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!