How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking, etc. We also hope you will join our new community website. Meet other martial artists. Ask questions. Discuss forms, techniques, etc.
How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
This page shows you an easy way to tie your Taekwondo belt. Great for children and novices. Also watch the videos below to "see" how to tie your Taekwondo belt.
- Place one end of your belt on the middle of your stomach. Hold on to this belt end.
- Wrap the other belt end around your back and cross the belt over (on top of) the first belt end on your stomach. The belt will now "hold" the first belt end (as the belt presses the underneath belt end into your stomach).
- Go around your back one more time with the belt and bring the second belt end to your front. You will have a long bit of "left over" belt dangling down from your waist. Keep holding onto the belt.
- Pull the first belt end (the first one "trapped" next to your stomach) out & down so it equals the same length as the second belt end. They should hang down roughly the same distance.
- Take the second belt end (the one that was wrapped around your body) and put it over the first belt end (looking down from your waist, the belt end goes left). Then push this belt end back up under all of the belt wraps (so it goes next to your uniform). Let this second end dangle down from the middle of your waist (it will fall over your belt).
- Take the first belt end and go under the second belt end. Looking down at your waist, the belt end goes left.
- Flip the first belt end over second belt end (it will go right when looking down at your waist) and put the end through the "hole" or "loop" created by the two belt ends.
- Grab both belt ends and pull tight.
- Now you have learned to tie your Taekwondo belt!
Here are some videos that show different ways to tie your Taekwondo belt. However, the more advanced version can be a little harder for young kids as they have to swap the belt ends behind their back.
Instructional Videos on How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Elvis Presley & Martial Arts [171807,Andy] has promised us an Elvis & Michael Jackson concert. So until Elvis can escape from his alien abductors or comes out of hiding from the Amazon, I thought you would like to see a video on Elvis' martial arts "expertise". :) Elvis was a st...
- What type of Karate sparring should be in the 2020 Olympics? As you know, Karate kumite (sparring) will be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Should it be no contact, point sparring or full contact? I have added a poll to the wiki that allows you to vote on this question - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/what-type-of-ka...
- Invite your friends to join the Wiki Community Help this community to grow by inviting your friends to join. More members means more martial arts discussions, more knowledge and more people to laugh (or is that groan) at [171807,Andy] 's and [212770,Al W] 's jokes. :) Here is the "join" link - htt...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this website fee for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 2, last edited: 26 Dec 2014 22:06