How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
Taekwondo Animals.com - This Taekwondo website provides free written instructions and instructional videos. You will find instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. Moreover, we have sections focused on improving your physical fitness such as stretching, strength training and speed training. We will even help you to get ready for your black belt test.
How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
This page shows you an easy way to tie your Taekwondo belt. Great for children and novices. Also watch the videos below to "see" how to tie your Taekwondo belt.
- Place one end of your belt on the middle of your stomach. Hold on to this belt end.
- Wrap the other belt end around your back and cross the belt over (on top of) the first belt end on your stomach. The belt will now "hold" the first belt end (as the belt presses the underneath belt end into your stomach).
- Go around your back one more time with the belt and bring the second belt end to your front. You will have a long bit of "left over" belt dangling down from your waist. Keep holding onto the belt.
- Pull the first belt end (the first one "trapped" next to your stomach) out & down so it equals the same length as the second belt end. They should hang down roughly the same distance.
- Take the second belt end (the one that was wrapped around your body) and put it over the first belt end (looking down from your waist, the belt end goes left). Then push this belt end back up under all of the belt wraps (so it goes next to your uniform). Let this second end dangle down from the middle of your waist (it will fall over your belt).
- Take the first belt end and go under the second belt end. Looking down at your waist, the belt end goes left.
- Flip the first belt end over second belt end (it will go right when looking down at your waist) and put the end through the "hole" or "loop" created by the two belt ends.
- Grab both belt ends and pull tight.
- Now you have learned to tie your Taekwondo belt!
Here are some videos that show different ways to tie your Taekwondo belt. However, the more advanced version can be a little harder for young kids as they have to swap the belt ends behind their back.
Instructional Videos on How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- Happy Thanksgiving To everyone in the USA - Have a great Thanksgiving on Thursday! To everyone in the rest of the world - Have a great Thursday! :) If you celebrate Thanksgiving... what are your plans to burn off the Thanksgiving & turkey calories? Will Black Belt Wi...
- Should you learn a "combo" martial arts first? Should you learn a striking martial arts first and then learn grappling (or vice versa)? Or should you first learn a martial arts that combines both (i.e. Hapkido or MMA)? I know that most of us did not or do not have this option (as it depends on wha...
- Most popular martial arts commercial Here is a video of one of the most popular martial arts commercials ever made. This Steven Seagal commercial has received over 2 million views on Youtube. Enjoy! Will Black Belt Wiki
Want to add your thoughts to the martial arts "community" discussions above?
Then join our free martial arts social network!
Sign in with Facebook or create your own account by filling in the required info.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 2, last edited: 26 Dec 2014 22:06