How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
This Taekwondo website provides free written & video instructions for WTF forms, ITF patterns, sparring, kicks, punches, breaking & much more. We will even help prepare you for your black belt test!
Join our new community website and meet other martial artists.
How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
This page shows you an easy way to tie your Taekwondo belt. Great for children and novices. Also watch the videos below to "see" how to tie your Taekwondo belt.
- Place one end of your belt on the middle of your stomach. Hold on to this belt end.
- Wrap the other belt end around your back and cross the belt over (on top of) the first belt end on your stomach. The belt will now "hold" the first belt end (as the belt presses the underneath belt end into your stomach).
- Go around your back one more time with the belt and bring the second belt end to your front. You will have a long bit of "left over" belt dangling down from your waist. Keep holding onto the belt.
- Pull the first belt end (the first one "trapped" next to your stomach) out & down so it equals the same length as the second belt end. They should hang down roughly the same distance.
- Take the second belt end (the one that was wrapped around your body) and put it over the first belt end (looking down from your waist, the belt end goes left). Then push this belt end back up under all of the belt wraps (so it goes next to your uniform). Let this second end dangle down from the middle of your waist (it will fall over your belt).
- Take the first belt end and go under the second belt end. Looking down at your waist, the belt end goes left.
- Flip the first belt end over second belt end (it will go right when looking down at your waist) and put the end through the "hole" or "loop" created by the two belt ends.
- Grab both belt ends and pull tight.
- Now you have learned to tie your Taekwondo belt!
Here are some videos that show different ways to tie your Taekwondo belt. However, the more advanced version can be a little harder for young kids as they have to swap the belt ends behind their back.
Instructional Videos on How To Tie Your Taekwondo Belt
Recent Wiki "Community" Posts
- Karate making a "comeback" in MMA? Ever since Royce Gracie changed the MMA world in the early 1990s, the UFC has been dominated by fighters who seem to end fights via BJJ-like submissions. However, people are starting to keep an eye on Stephen Thompson, a MMA fighter who uses a lot of...
- Need help with a disabled student. So we've had a bit of an issue that has been ongoing, but is coming up enough that I need some help with. Our club is small, and the instructor has had a student from almost the beginning (4 yrs) that is mentally disabled, (has aspergers syndrome, whic...
- Is MMA causing an issue with traditional martial arts?? O.K I know this might be a touchy subject, I hope that we can keep it helpful and respectful. I recently entered myself and my son in an "open tournament" hosted by a "MMA" club. they advertised that it was going to be sparring and grappling. The sparr...
Popular Wiki "Community" Posts
Our free email newsletter provides subscribers with Black Belt Wiki & Community updates.
This newsletter is sent out only once per month.
Material on this website may not be copied or reproduced
without the written approval of TaekwondoAnimals.com.
This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
All rights reserved. Legal Disclaimer.
page revision: 2, last edited: 26 Dec 2014 22:06